Sunday, July 27, 2008

The New Braunfels Trip..








I don't have a ton of pics from this trip as it was raining a lot...or on the river etc. Not bringing my coolpix out on the river.

Anyway. We left Tuesday afternoon and drove to Conroe to drop off Donna's car and then on to New Braunfels.. actually Gruene because we were getting in so late. We ate at The Grist Mill.. it was a very good experience.. we ate outside, it was nice enough that we did not sweat.. maybe it was because there was a lower humidity than what we were used to. Whatever the reason it was nice outside under the trees. A little tree debris flying but still quite nice. We also hung around and did a little sight seeing and wandered through Greune Hall.. oldest dance hall in Texas.. I've been there a few times in the past.. not to wander but to dance.. I love the old place.

Went on to the T bar M resort , checked in and chilled for the evening.

Did a little tubing on the Comal the next day..wow the tube chute sure looks smaller than I remember from 1978. Also did a little reading and napping.

That night went to Mamacitas and had wonderful enchiladas verdes. I hear the ritas are good too but not on this trip. Also had some fabulous cheese cake and starbucks coffee... went back to the resort and crashed.

Next day nasty weather but were not sure what to do. We decided to brave it and head to Schlitterbahn. We got about an hour and a half in then the bottom fell out. After the lightening died down we headed back to T bar M. After lunch a group went back.. they came back after another lightening event but then it calmed down again and another group went back and enjoyed the afternoon there. Me, after the first run I chilled on the porch, read, played brick-break on my blackberry and visited with my lovely bride.

We went to eat at Gatti's that night and then back to the room.. watched a new episode of burn notice and then to bed.

You saw "My Friday" post so you know the rest.

Overall.. very relaxing.. very nice time. Nikolee our youth intern pretty much handled all the details while we were on the trip and did a great job. I just drove and hung out. Nice!

No comments: